Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Lidl wireless keyboard and mouse set (Silvercrest STMS 2017 A1)

Silvercrest STMS 2017 A1

Lidl wireless keyboard and mouse set :
Bought : Lidl
Cost : £20
Conclusion : imperfectly great
Score : 9/10 (if no mouse-battery problem)

Lidl occasionally have a wireless keyboard and mouse set available. As long as it is secure (can't be intercepted), I am delighted with it...

Update : After about a year I am having a problem with the mouse. One of the batteries was a very tight fit but now that area has become looser and the battery doesn't always connect. It means it keeps interrupting the current. I mentioned this battery compartment problem in the original review and it seems to have come home to roost.

Video in post >>>

Both keyboard and mouse worked straight away with my windows 7 computer. Later I installed the CD program but it looks of limited use. The keyboard works from over 5 metres away. I wish it didn't (for security) but there's no control of signal strength.

Keyboard : Very sleek design. Receptive keystrokes. Keys are like a netbook keyboard (which I like) rather than big clumpy keys that seem still common. Quiet to use. Lots of useful extra keys. My only main gripe is that the main part of the keyboard is on the left side, rather than centre. Also has a useful scroll wheel, and also a volume dial. Uses 2 AA batteries (supplied)

Mouse : Easy to use and works well. Has a few buttons on the side for extra use, which I haven't used. Has a scroll wheel. I would probably prefer if it was a curved design for comfort, but no real complaint. Uses 2 AA batteries. (supplied)

Overall : Great for the price and very good in themselves.A good buy    

update :
Mouse ... it can be quite difficult to get one of the batteries out. I could end up damaging it after a few times (unlikely, I hope).

No comments: