Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Review : Selle Italia Qbik bicycle saddle

Novice Review (commuter cyclist)
Selle Italia Qbik bicycle saddle 
Price : Around £25/ $40 ?
Verdict : I found it good quality but uncomfy
Marks out of 10 : 7 ? (for reason above)
Marks out of 10 for price : 8 ?
Specs :
Synthetic leather microfibre cover (Ryslan and N6 nylon)
Waterproof
FeC Alloy rails
Weight : 270g
Length 27cm, Width 14cm at maximum width
Some differentiated padding



Opinion :
I found this to be good quality but after about 4 miles of commuting cycling I found it to be uncomfy (i.e. a sore bum) as the 'padding' is pretty hard. I was wearing jeans, so perhaps it is comfier for keen cyclists who wear padded cycling shorts.


Or perhaps you could put a gel pad over it but that adds weight. There is a lot of surface area and the material is 'slippy', so I could move about on the saddle easily. Not sure if that is good or bad. It feels really flat to sit on (not surprising, since it is a flat shape). Although it says it has padding I find it pretty 'sturdy' and thin padding, meaning not much give on a long cycle. The specifications for the price seem pretty decent and it only weighs 270g.  It is waterproof.

Conclusion :
I can't recommend this for a 'civvy clothes' cylist who will cycle more that a couple of miles if wearing ordinary commuting clothes, as I found it uncomfy, but perhaps for keen cyclists it is a good economic choice

No comments: